In a world in which people increasingly learn, socialize, and work online, nonprofit organizations seeking to engage existing and prospective supporters must be able to do so through effective digital storytelling. At the core of that engagement is a well-crafted story that informs, inspires, and catalyzes audiences to support your organization. That story may take the form of video, a social media post, an online petition, an e-newsletter, content on your organization’s website or on those of your funders and other partners, or it may even be told by unaffiliated online influencers such as bloggers.
In this self-paced course, you will learn how to use a simple storytelling framework to enhance the clarity of your organization’s digital communications. After you have crafted an effective story, you will learn how to implement a strategic approach to communications with your audiences, using templates, case studies, and communications best practices. Within your strategy, you will select the social media channels in your organization’s digital storytelling ecosystem to inspire audiences to engage with your content, and to persuade them to support your organization by amplifying your content, donating to your campaigns, or even fundraising on your behalf.
Register now to begin learning how to effectively engage your supporters online.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Apply a simple storytelling framework to craft a compelling digital story.
- Develop a high-level digital strategy for supporter engagement.
- Determine the best social media platforms to engage your supporters.
- Effectively use social media platforms for your organization’s storytelling and fundraising.
- Nonprofit leaders focused on fundraising/development and/or marketing/communications
- Mid-career changers interested in learning about digital engagement in the social sector.
- Mid-career changers who are interested in learning about fundraising/ development.
For participants to obtain the most from this course, they should have a basic understanding of marketing and fundraising, along with experience with at least three digital platforms (e.g., email, website, social media) as a user.
How to Start Your Self-Paced Learning Course
Within one business day of your registration, you will receive an email with the subject line “Welcome! Learning Awaits”. This email will have instructions on how to create your account in Bridge, Candid’s online learning platform, as well as a link to access your course.
Users may need to enable pop-ups in order to view the course. We recommend using Firefox as your browser. Visit these resources for more information on accessing courses, navigating through a course, and viewing its technical requirements.
4 CFRE point(s)
- All levels of experience
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Marketing, communications, external affairs
- Nonprofit startups
- A .pdf of the presentation slides
- Links to content for deeper exploration of the course topics
- Templates to create your organization’s digital strategy
- Case studies from organizations that effectively engage supporters online
- Links to free or low-cost resources to boost your social media content