calendar_today Thursday, November 9, 2023
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Looking for grants for your nonprofit?
Come learn how to use Foundation Directory, the most comprehensive prospect research tool for fundraisers, with over 239,000+ grantmaker profiles. You will learn how to search for grantmakers who have funded organizations working on causes and with communities similar to those you serve.
NOTE: This class is for nonprofit organizations looking for funding. It is not geared to individuals seeking grants. We recommend you take our free one-hour course, Introduction to Finding Grants, before attending.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain what Foundation Directory is
- Identify your needs in preparation for searching for potential grantmakers in Foundation Directory
- Research potential grantmakers using a project-based search in Foundation Directory
- Evaluate prospects for strong or weak fit using Foundation Directory
- Identify the options for accessing Foundation Directory
- Access resources for getting help with Foundation Directory
This class is brought to you in partnership with the New Orleans Public Library and the Alexandria Library, both members of the Candid Community, a consortium of partners that provide local nonprofit communities with access to funding databases, nonprofit trainings, and the opportunity to connect with like-minded social sector professionals.