Introduction to proposal writing
calendar_today Wednesday, April 5, 2023
access_time 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PT
View more dates, formats, locations
You must be logged in to enroll for this training.Login to Enroll
Are you new to proposal writing or want a quick refresher? If so, you don't want to miss one of our most popular classes!
This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal
- The "do's" and "don'ts" of writing and submitting a proposal
- How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no
- 30-minute hands-on exercise to develop a proposal outline (in-person classes only)
- A version of this course is also offered in Spanish.
- For more on proposal budgets, see our free class, Introduction to Project Budgets.
Looking for sample proposals?
Our Sample Documents gallery has samples of actual winning proposals recommended by grantmakers.
1.5 CFRE point(s)
The Philanthropy Institute is presented by the Tri-Valley Nonprofit Alliance (TVNPA) and Las Positas College (LPC), which is a member of Candid’s Funding Information Network, a consortium of partners that provide local nonprofit communities with access to funding databases, nonprofit trainings, and the opportunity to connect with like-minded social sector professionals.
This class is one of a series being offered through June 2023, which include:
- Is Starting a Nonprofit Right for You? Jan 11, 2023
- Introduction to Finding Grants Feb 15, 2023
- Introduction to FDO Mar 15, 2023
- Introduction to Proposal Writing Apr 5, 2023
- Introduction to Project Budgets May 17, 2023
- Introduction to Corporate Giving Jun 21, 2023
Register here: https://tvnpa.org/programs/the-philanthropy-institute-2023/
- Understand how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation.
- Know how and when to follow up with funders after submitting a proposal.
- All levels of experience
- Grant writers
- 2-page handout
- Project outline worksheet and sample