calendar_today Thursday, November 17, 2022
access_time 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm ET
Starting a nonprofit can seem terrifically complicated--is it worth it? This class can help you decide.
In this session you’ll learn the legal and logistical elements necessary to start a successful nonprofit. You’ll also learn about possible alternatives to starting your own nonprofit that you may not have considered. Finally, you’ll be introduced to a tool that will help you assess your own readiness to move forward.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Outline the steps required to start a nonprofit
- Assess the alternatives to starting a nonprofit
- Complete the nonprofit startup assessment tool to determine where you are in the startup process and identify the next steps you should take
- Access additional resources to help you in your journey
A Special Welcome to:
Dreamers: those thinking about starting or in the process of starting a nonprofit
1 CFRE point(s)
Brooklyn Public Library is a member of Candid’s Funding Information Network, a consortium of partners that provide local nonprofit communities with access to funding databases, nonprofit trainings, and the opportunity to connect with like-minded social sector professionals.
- Nonprofit startups
Use the following video bookmarks and links to the handouts:
- Foundation Directory Online, https://fconline.foundationcenter.org
- GuideStar Nonprofit Profile, https://learn.guidestar.org/update-nonprofit-report?search=false&_ga=2.38460131.1133524953.1595949181-1430761624.1547757255
- Nonprofit Startup Assessment Tool, https://learning.candid.org/resources/nonprofit-startup-resources/
- CandidDotOrg twitter page, https://twitter.com/CandidDotOrg