This course is offered solely as a contract training – email [email protected] for more information.
In this hands-on workshop, you will learn the main parts of a grant proposal. You will write several of those parts of the proposal during the class and get feedback on them from experts and peers. You’ll also learn how to find potential funders for your project, and you’ll be shown what those funders look for in a proposal and what they don’t like to see.
This workshop will prepare you to:
- Examine the essential parts of any proposal and how to create them
- Practice writing selected parts of a grant proposal for your own project
- Create a basic budget to use in your grant proposal
- Find potential grant funders for your proposal using Foundation Directory
- Learn what grant funders want in a proposal and the biggest red flags from their perspective.
- Fundraising staff who have minimal grants experience and want to develop their foundation proposal writing skills
- Individuals who want to begin or build a career as a grant writer
- Students interested in gaining knowledge about the nonprofit sector and foundation fundraising
- Volunteers or board members who want to help their organizations with tangible fundraising skills
3 CFRE point(s)
- Board members
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers
- Nonprofit startups
- A comprehensive workbook
- Ongoing online access to course worksheets
- One day of free access to Foundation Directory Professional