Where can I find Common Grant Application forms?
Some grantseekers ask if there is a single application form they can fill out and submit to multiple funders, saving the time and effort required to create customized proposals for each ask. Although no such form exists nationally, some state and regional groups of funders have created such a form called a "common grant application." However, as ideal as only needing to create one application form may be, not many funders accept these forms.
Below is a list of the common grant application forms we know of. Please note that if a state or region has a common grant application form, this does not mean that all funders in that state/region accept the form. Before using or submitting a common grant application form, make sure that the funder you are applying to accepts it!
Common grant application forms:
- Colorado Common Grant Application
- Connecticut Common Grant Application Form
- Chicago Area Common Grant Application
- Maine Common Grant Application
- Philanthropy MA Common Proposal Form (Massachusetts)
- Michigan Common Grant Application Form
- Minnesota Common Grant Application Form
- Missouri Common Grant Application
- New York/New Jersey Area Common Application
- Western North Carolina Common Grant Approach
- Ohio Common Grant Application
- Western Pennsylvania Common Grant
- North Texas Common Grant Application
- Central Texas Education Funders
- Washington Common Grant Application (Greater Washington region: Northern Virginia, suburban Maryland, and District of Columbia)
- Wisconsin Philanthropy Network Common Grant Application
- Philanthropy Northwest Common Grant Application Form (Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, & Hawaii)
Need help writing a proposal? Start with these resources:
- How do I write a grant proposal?
- Introduction to Proposal Writing (free online course)
- Sample Documents (free samples of full proposals, budgets, letters of inquiry, and cover letters)
Have a question about this topic? Ask us!
Candid's Online Librarian service will answer your questions within two business days.Ask us
Explore resources curated by our staff for this topic:
Common Grant Application
Learn more about the Common Grant Application process including Grantmaker Features, Grantmaker Usage, Applicant Benefits, Terminology, Application Questions and Documents, etc.