Candid offers a growing digital collection of eBooks and audiobooks on social sector- and philanthropy-related topics, curated by Candid’s Online Librarian team. This free, public collection is available to anyone through OverDrive, and can be accessed remotely from any computer, smartphone, tablet, or e-reader.
Collection topics include:
- Nonprofit management
- Proposal writing
- Strategic planning & evaluation
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- And many other social sector-related topics!
How do I sign up?
A Candid User ID (which is different from your Candid Learning login) is required to borrow items from our collection. Check out this handy guide, or follow the instructions below:
- To get started, go to candid.overdrive.com.
- Next, click on the “Sign In” button on the top right of the page.
- Click on “User ID help” to register for a User ID. (This will open a new window.)
- Fill out the red required fields on the registration form: name, city, state, phone number, and email address.
- After submitting your form, you will receive an email to verify your account.
- When you verify your account, you will receive a User ID; write down your User ID, you’ll need it every time you log in!
- Return to the OverDrive sign-in page and type in your User ID.
- Start borrowing or place a hold!
You may borrow up to two items and place holds on two additional items at a time. Each item is available to you for two weeks. You can renew a title up to three days before the loan expires, as long as there are no holds. If there is a hold, select the Request Again button to join the hold queue.
Have a question about this topic? Ask us!
Candid's Online Librarian service will answer your questions within two business days.Ask us