Candid offers a growing digital collection of eBooks and audiobooks on social sector- and philanthropy-related topics, curated by Candid’s New York Learning Center librarians. This free, public collection is available to anyone through OverDrive, and can be accessed remotely from any computer, smartphone, tablet, or e-reader.
Collection topics include:
- Nonprofit management
- Proposal writing
- Strategic planning & evaluation
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- And many other social sector-related topics!
How do I sign up?
A Candid User ID (which is different from your Candid Learning login) is required to borrow items from our collection. Check out this handy guide, or follow the instructions below:
- To get started, go to candid.overdrive.com.
- Next, click on the “Sign In” button on the top right of the page.
- Click on “User ID help” to register for a User ID (this will open a new window).
- Fill out the red required fields on the registration form: name, city, state, phone number, and email address.
- After submitting your form, you will receive an email to verify your account.
- When you verify your account, you will receive a User ID; write down your User ID, you’ll need it every time you log in!
- Return to the OverDrive sign-in page and type in your User ID.
- Start borrowing or place a hold!
You may borrow up to two items and place holds on two additional items at a time. Each item is available to you for two weeks. You can renew a title up to three days before the loan expires, as long as there are no holds. If there is a hold, select the Request Again button to join the hold queue.
Have a question about this topic? Ask us!
Candid's Online Librarian service will answer your questions within two business days.Ask us