The San Francisco Bay Area region is host to some of the most strategic and forward-thinking foundations when it comes to supporting leadership development among their grantees. These foundations are very thoughtful about their strategies for this important work and they all want grantees to be resilient and successful. Join Bay Area foundation leaders as they talk about the evolution of their capacity building work and the latest trends in their support for the leadership development and related long-term sustainability of their grantees.
Some of the topics covered:
- How foundation capacity building has evolved
- Key issues foundation leadership development grants are focused on
- What are the future funding trends for these program
- What potential grantees should know about approaching foundations for capacity building support
- Barbara Kibbe, Director of Organizational Effectiveness, S.D. Bechtel Jr. Foundation
- Ellen Friedman, Executive Director, Compton Foundation
- Shelley Trott, Director, Arts Strategy & Ventures, Kenneth Rainin Foundation
- Jamaica Maxwell, Program Officer, Organizational Effectiveness, The David and Lucille Packard Foundation
Read more about funding for capacity and leadership development on Philanthropy Front and Center San Francisco.
- All levels of experience
- Fundraising & development staff