access_time 1 hour
Each year, CF Insights (a service of Candid) conducts a survey of U.S.-based community foundations to develop an up-to-date financial snapshot of the field. The survey tracks year-over-year changes in fundraising and giving activity and provides a look at how different segments of the field are structured and direct their capacity to serve their communities.
In 2020, community foundations emerged as key actors in the philanthropic response to the COVID-19 pandemic, providing critical support when it was needed most. According to the latest CF Insights survey, both fundraising and grantmaking totals increased significantly over 2019 as donors gave more to support the pandemic response effort and the field moved nimbly to mobilize those resources.
In this webinar recording, hear from David Rosado, Director of Network Engagement, as he discusses this and some of the other key takeaways from the 2020 CF Insights annual survey and provides a demonstration of how your community foundation can leverage comparative peer data to inform key strategic decisions.
Find a copy of the webinar's slides at https://bit.ly/427cfinsights
Use the following bookmarks to jump to sections of the training:
- 5:14 Agenda
- 6:13 What is the CF Insights Annual Survey?
- 7:56 What are the key findings from 2020?
- 35:50 How can CF Insights data help you?
- 46:51 How can you contribute?
- 48:15 Also available from CF Insights
- 51:38 Q&A
- 52:40 Q: What is the story that you're seeing from the data?
- 54:53 Q: How do community foundations use this data?
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management