Establish an Organizational Culture That Supports Your DEI Initiatives
This is a recording of a webinar that Candid hosted on May 11, 2022.
Find a copy of the webinar's slides at bit.ly/11May2022WebinarDeck
This webinar supports organizational leaders as they learn and begin to practice the steps of establishing a “cultural bottom line.” Every organization has a culture, whether it has been named or not. When leaders have not interrogated and reimagined their organizational culture prior to beginning DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) efforts, they run the risk of fashioning their new culture in the image of the status quo. A “cultural bottom line” is the foundation upon which an organization’s DEI initiatives, strategies, and goals can be strategically and sustainably built. This is especially critical for nonprofit organizations to establish if they are claiming impact priorities grounded in D&I.
This webinar will support leaders to clarify the legacy that they envision their organization will leave - to communities, within their respective sector, and in larger society – and then, to leverage that vision to construct their cultural foundation. This webinar is designed to encourage thought partnership between leaders, to practice inter-community accountability, and to allow for the creative reflection necessary to envision a more equitable future.
Use the following bookmarks to jump to sections of the training:
- 0:00:36 Introducing Rachel Wyley, CEO and Founder of Culture Kinesis
- 0:03:40 Beginning with level-setting re: positional power
- 0:05:55 About Culture Kinesis
- 0:07:06 What you can expect to get out of the session
- 0:09:17 Three Key Messages
- 0:11:08 Why must cultural reimagination precede DEI initiatives?
- 0:13:50 Culture Kinesis' approach to culture coaching
- 0:14:59 Example: CK's Cultural Tenets
- 0:18:00 Conceptual alignment - definitions of key terms used throughout the webinar
- 0:19:36 What is a cultural bottom line?
- 0:22:32 If you were to guess your organization's "net profit" at this moment, where would you place it?
- 0:24:58 Steps to establishing a cultural bottom line
- 0:27:03 Interrogating (and naming) your current culture
- 0:36:36 Engaging with foundational questions
- 0:45:10 Articulating an organizational legacy
- 0:50:18 Draft your organization's cultural bottom line
- 1:02:56 Stay in touch with Culture Kinesis
- 1:03:53 Q&A
- All levels of experience