- Intro: Lisa Hoffman 3:20 min mark
- Intro to Panelists: 11:53
- Panelists introduce their fundraising teams: 16:08
- Two Suggestions to establish a culture of fundraising that includes every member of the board: 30:17
- What do panelists do to keep fundraising teams engaged? 41:30
- What do board members and EDs need to be effective team members? 1:04:19
- How to split time between being a leader and a fundraiser: 1:16:04
- How to motivate and work effectively with boards as a part of the team? 1:22:20
- Panelists speak on creating culture of philanthropy and encouraging board members to reach out to their networks: 1:27:17
This panel discussion explores how to create and nourish a successful fundraising team from your staff and board. Panelists represent three modest-sized organizations that raised about $4 million in 2013 from individuals.
These seasoned professionals and volunteers offer approaches and techniques based on real and current experience.
- Susan Corlett, Development Director, Sustainable Conservation
- DeAnna Dalton, Director of Advancement, MapLight
- Jim McBride, Development Director, AIDS Legal Referral Panel
- Michelle Roberts, Co-chair of Board of Directors, Strategic Planning Committee member and Panel attorney, AIDS Legal Referral Panel
Lisa Hoffman brings 25 years of experience and success to nonprofit fund and board development, facilitation, and coaching.
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff