With the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, we know it’s a challenging time for everyone. To support your work and ensure our trainings are more accessible during this difficult time, we’re offering all of our fee-based self-paced courses at a discounted rate. Course regular rate
$45 current rate $30.
The budget is often the most challenging part of a proposal, even for fundraisers who've mastered the "writing" part of the process.
To answer that challenge, we've created this online course to walk you through each step in preparing a project budget for your next grant proposal. With templates and plenty of examples, we'll demystify the whole process and offer guidance on what funders really want to see in your budgets.
This self-paced, self-directed course goes beyond the basics to answer your most frequently asked questions on budgets, such as:
- How do I allocate time for staff working across multiple projects?
- When can I include indirect costs and how do I know how much to add?
- Why do funders ask for details on income and what do I need to show them?
- How do I account for in-kind donations?
Note this course focuses solely on project budgets created for grant proposals.
This course was created with Foundation Center subject matter staff experts.
Length: Estimated time to complete this self-paced learning course is two to three hours.
How to Start Your Self-Paced Learning Course
Within a few minutes of your purchase, you will receive an email with the subject line ?Welcome? from our eLearning platform, Bridge.? This email will have instructions on how to create your own online account in Bridge as well as a link to access your course.
Users may need to enable pop-ups in order to view the course. We recommend using Firefox as your browser. Visit Bridge for more information on?accessing courses, navigating through a course,?and viewing its?technical requirements.
You will have access to the course for 90 days after enrollment. The course fee entitles purchaser to one computer log-in which cannot be shared. In addition, no refunds, transfers or credits will be issued.
1.5 CFRE point(s)
- Outline the standard components of a project budget
- Determine the full costs for a project
- Allocate appropriate staff time in project budgets
- Know when and how to include indirect/overhead costs
- Craft the income side of a project budget, including in-kind support
- Complete a project budget to submit with a proposal
- Adapt your budget to fit funder guidelines
- All levels of experience
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
Sample budgets and worksheets for completing your own budget.