All levels of experience
Access on-demand training:
With the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, we know it’s a challenging time for everyone. To support your work and ensure our trainings are more accessible during this difficult time, we’re offering all of our fee-based self-paced courses at a discounted rate. Course regular rate
$25 current rate $20.
U.S. family foundations often tightly guard details about their grantmaking priorities, selection criteria, and even the organizations they support. However, in today’s increasingly digital and connected world, there are platforms that you can use to get funders’ attention and communicate the importance of your work. In this self-paced online course, learn the essentials of using digital storytelling to position your organization for greater visibility and credibility in funders’ eyes. You will learn the seven steps of a nonprofit digital strategy, see examples of each step put into practice, and get guidance on how to approach the first two of the seven elements of a nonprofit digital strategy:
- Conducting a SWOT Analysis
- Developing SMART Goals
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe the framework for effective digital storytelling
- Analyze your nonprofit’s digital presence
- Set three SMART goals for your digital storytelling strategy
- Prepare a plan for developing all seven elements of a nonprofit digital strategy
- Use social media platforms for storytelling and fundraising with the resources provided
A Special Welcome to:
- Nonprofit leaders focused on fundraising/development and/or marketing/communications
- Mid-career changers interested in learning about digital engagement in the social sector.
- Mid-career changers who are interested in learning about fundraising/ development.
How to Start Your Self-Paced Learning Course
Within one business day of your registration, you will receive an email with the subject line “Welcome! Learning Awaits”. This email will have instructions on how to create your account in Bridge, Candid’s online learning platform, as well as a link to access your course.
Users may need to enable pop-ups in order to view the course. We recommend using Firefox as your browser. Visit Bridge for more information on accessing courses, navigating through a course, and viewing its technical requirements.
You will have access to the course for 90 days after enrollment. The course fee entitles purchaser to one computer log-in which cannot be shared. In addition, no refunds, transfers or credits will be issued.
1.5 CFRE points
- A .pdf of the presentation slides
- A template for conducting a SWOT analysis
- A template for drafting SMART goals
- Links to additional resources on digital storytelling