Introduction to proposal writing
calendar_today Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
View more dates, formats, locations
You must be logged in to enroll for this training.Login to Enroll
Are you new to proposal writing or want a quick refresher? If so, you don't want to miss one of our most popular classes!
This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal
- The "do's" and "don'ts" of writing and submitting a proposal
- How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no
- 30-minute hands-on exercise to develop a proposal outline (in-person classes only)
- A version of this course is also offered in Spanish.
- For more on proposal budgets, see our free class, Introduction to Project Budgets.
Looking for sample proposals?
Our Sample Documents gallery has samples of actual winning proposals recommended by grantmakers.
1.5 CFRE point(s)
Access to the recording will be provided to registrants of the live training. Upon completion of your registration, you will be receiving an email from our webinar platform, GoToWebinar. The email will contain your unique link to the live webinar.
This class is brought to you in partnership with Brooklyn Public Library, a member of Candid’s Funding Information Network, which is a consortium of partners that provide local nonprofit communities with access to funding databases, nonprofit trainings, and the opportunity to connect with like-minded social sector professionals.
If you have a disability and may require accommodations in order to fully participate, please contact us via [email protected], or you can reach us at (800) 421-8656 (option 3). For more information, please visit our Disability Inclusion page.
Live CART captioning will be available during this event
- Understand how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation.
- Know how and when to follow up with funders after submitting a proposal.
- Grant writers
- 2-page handout
- Project outline worksheet and sample