Looking for grants for your nonprofit?
Come learn how to use Foundation Directory, the most comprehensive prospect research tool for fundraisers, with over 239,000+ grantmaker profiles. You will learn how to search for grantmakers who have funded organizations working on causes and with communities similar to those you serve.
NOTE: This class is for nonprofit organizations looking for funding. It is not geared to individuals seeking grants. We recommend you take our free one-hour course, Introduction to Finding Grants, before attending.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain what Foundation Directory is
- Identify your needs in preparation for searching for potential grantmakers in Foundation Directory
- Research potential grantmakers using a project-based search in Foundation Directory
- Evaluate prospects for strong or weak fit using Foundation Directory
- Identify the options for accessing Foundation Directory
- Access resources for getting help with Foundation Directory
The Philanthropy Institute is presented by the Tri-Valley Nonprofit Alliance (TVNPA) and Las Positas College (LPC), which is a member of Candid’s Funding Information Network, a consortium of partners that provide local nonprofit communities with access to funding databases, nonprofit trainings, and the opportunity to connect with like-minded social sector professionals.
This class is one of a series being offered through June 2023, which include:
- Is Starting a Nonprofit Right for You? Jan 11, 2023
- Introduction to Finding Grants Feb 15, 2023
- Introduction to FDO Mar 15, 2023
- Introduction to Proposal Writing Apr 5, 2023
- Introduction to Project Budgets May 17, 2023
- Introduction to Corporate Giving Jun 21, 2023
Register here: https://tvnpa.org/programs/the-philanthropy-institute-2023/
- All levels of experience