calendar_today Thursday, October 6, 2022
access_time 10:00 am - 12:30 pm ET
Are you new to proposal writing or want a quick refresher? If so, you don't want to miss one of our most popular classes!
This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal
- The "do's" and "don'ts" of writing and submitting a proposal
- How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no
- 30-minute hands-on exercise to develop a proposal outline (in-person classes only)
- A version of this course is also offered in Spanish.
- For more on proposal budgets, see our free class, Introduction to Project Budgets.
Looking for sample proposals?
Our Sample Documents gallery has samples of actual winning proposals recommended by grantmakers.
Self-paced Learning qualifies for 1.5 CFRE credits and Live Webinar versions qualify for 1 CFRE credit.
1-1.5 CFRE point(s)
Special guest for this session will be Jennifer Roller, President of the Raymond John Wean Foundation, who will discuss the latest activities of the Foundation and give advice about grantseeking and grant writing. Don't miss this opportunity to meet a leading local funder!
By enrolling in this training, you agree to grant Candid permission to document this session with photography, film, and/or video. Material captured may be used in future publications, brochures, or other printed materials used to promote Candid. Please inform the instructor(s) if you do not agree to these conditions.
- Understand how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation.
- Know how and when to follow up with funders after submitting a proposal.
- All levels of experience
- Grant writers
- 2-page handout
- Project outline worksheet and sample