calendar_today Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - Friday, September 30, 2022
Eastern: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Central: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Mountain: 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Pacific: 7:00 am - 10:00 am
You must be logged in to enroll for this training.Login to Enroll
In this hands-on workshop, you will learn the main parts of a grant proposal. You will write several of those parts of the proposal during the class and get feedback on them from experts and peers. You’ll also learn how to find potential funders for your project, and you’ll be shown what those funders look for in a proposal and what they don’t like to see.
Note: This workshop is limited to registrants from organizations in Wisconsin. If you are not representing an organization from Wisconsin, you may want to register for one of our other national workshops.
6 CFRE point(s)
How Our Virtual Workshops Work:
Within one business day of your registration, you will be enrolled in this course and receive an e-mail from Candid Learning through our eLearning platform, Bridge. This email will have instructions on how to create your own online account in Bridge as well as a link to access your course.
In Bridge, you will be introduced to the course and instructors and be provided with links to the live sessions, which will be held in Zoom on the following days:
- Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CT
- Friday, September 30, 2022, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CT
We recommend using Firefox as your browser. Visit Bridge for more information on accessing courses, navigating through a course, and viewing its technical requirements. You can learn more about Zoom by accessing this page. You will have access to the course for 90 days after enrollment. The course fee entitles purchaser to one computer log-in which cannot be shared. In addition, no refunds, transfers or credits will be issued.
Unable to attend the live session? While we strongly encourage you to attend the highly-interactive live sessions, we will record the live meetings and circulate the recording to all course participants within 24 hours of the meetings.
By enrolling in this training, you agree to grant Candid permission to document this session with photography, film, and/or video. Material captured may be used in future publications, brochures, or other printed materials used to promote Candid. Please inform instructor if you do not agree to these conditions.
- Understand how to write a grant proposal for your own project.
- Create a basic budget to use in your grant proposal.
- Find potential grant funders for your proposal using Foundation Directory.
- Learn what grant funders want in a proposal and the biggest red flags from their perspective.
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers
- A 70-page workbook with worksheets and examples
- Downloadable templates for preparing your proposal
- Temporary access to Foundation Directory