Is Starting a Nonprofit Right for You?
calendar_today Wednesday, November 3, 2021
access_time 11:00 am - 12:00 pm ET
Starting a nonprofit can seem terrifically complicated--is it worth it? This class can help you decide.
In this session you’ll learn the legal and logistical elements necessary to start a successful nonprofit. You’ll also learn about possible alternatives to starting your own nonprofit that you may not have considered. Finally, you’ll be introduced to a tool that will help you assess your own readiness to move forward.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Outline the steps required to start a nonprofit
- Assess the alternatives to starting a nonprofit
- Complete the nonprofit startup assessment tool to determine where you are in the startup process and identify the next steps you should take
- Access additional resources to help you in your journey
A Special Welcome to:
Dreamers: those thinking about starting or in the process of starting a nonprofit
1 CFRE point(s)
This will be a virtual program, taking place via Zoom. After registration, in advance of the program you will receive an email with instructions as to how to join the Zoom meeting.
Please note that Candid only provides recordings of our events to registrants.
If after this training, you're interested in learning more about the legal details of nonprofit formation, join us again the following week on November 10th for our free special program, Legal Considerations for Starting a Nonprofit.
- Nonprofit startups
Use the following video bookmarks and links to the handouts:
- Foundation Directory Online, https://fconline.foundationcenter.org
- GuideStar Nonprofit Profile, https://learn.guidestar.org/update-nonprofit-report?search=false&_ga=2.38460131.1133524953.1595949181-1430761624.1547757255
- Nonprofit Startup Assessment Tool, https://learning.candid.org/resources/nonprofit-startup-resources/
- CandidDotOrg twitter page, https://twitter.com/CandidDotOrg