Digital Storytelling to Inspire and Attract Funders
calendar_today Thursday, August 6, 2020
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
With the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, we know it’s a challenging time for everyone. To support your work and ensure our trainings are more accessible during this difficult time, we’re offering this webinar and all of our fee-based webinars at a discounted rate of $25.
U.S. family foundations often tightly guard details about their grantmaking priorities, selection criteria, and even the organizations they support. However, in today’s increasingly digital and connected world, there are platforms that enable nonprofits to glean more information about prospective funders.
Nonprofits looking to engage with foundations, need to do so with an understanding of how to discover who will be most interested in funding their work, how to approach and develop relationships with them, and what it takes to differentiate their organization from the 1.7 million nonprofits registered in the U.S.
Beyond creating a compelling digital presence, nonprofits need to be able to utilize resources available to them online, such as Foundation Directory Online (FDO) and GrantSpace. These Candid resources help nonprofits learn about the foundations that would potentially be interested in funding them and how to engage with them online. Doing so will enable them to potentially enter their respective grantmaking processes.
In this webinar, learn the essentials of positioning your organization for greater visibility and credibility in funders’ eyes. During this 90-minute interactive webinar, you will work on the first two of the seven elements of a nonprofit digital strategy, which includes:
- Conducting a SWOT Analysis
- Developing SMART Goals
Can’t make the webinar? Register by its start time, and we will send you the full recording so you can watch it on your own time!
Upon completion of this webinar, you should be able to:
- Describe the framework for effective digital storytelling
- Identify which resources you can access to research and engage with funders
- Analyze your nonprofit’s digital presence
- Set three SMART goals
- Obtain the tools to prepare a plan for developing all seven elements of a nonprofit digital strategy
- Use social media platforms for storytelling and fundraising with the resources provided
Please note that pre-work will be assigned, and a glossary of digital terms provided in advance to maximize the time spent in the webinar.
A Special Welcome to:
- Nonprofit leaders of fundraising/development and marketing/communications and mid-career changers interested in learning about digital engagement in the social sector.
- Mid-career changers who are interested in learning about fundraising/ development.
1.5 CFRE point(s)
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
- a copy of the webinar slide deck, and
- associated handout(s), if applicable