calendar_today Friday, May 22, 2020 - Friday, July 10, 2020
access_time 9:30 am - 12:00 pm ET
Important update! This program is still accepting registrations, but please be advised because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the method of program delivery has changed.
11 Years Empowering and Energizing Development Professionals!
The Breakfast Club is a monthly support group for directors of small development shops to share challenges and strategies for personal and organizational success. In an informal, roundtable format facilitated by Cause Effective and hosted by Candid, members can share their insights, gain practical solutions, and remedy any on-the-job isolation or stress that they might experience. We also include panel discussions with member participants, as well as opportunities to hear from invited speakers. This program is designed to be responsive to you and your needs – so your ideas will also help us shape the program as it progresses.
In 2019, we hosted 75 development leaders. Over the past decade, hundreds of development professionals have participated in cohort-building and professional development with the Breakfast Club.
In Breakfast Club, we focus on what you want to discuss, share and learn:
- Need help deciding where to put your energy when your “to do” list gets too long?
- Need help navigating the relationship between your executive director and your board?
- Need help “managing up” or engaging program staff in friendraising?
- Need to create a strategy for proactive self-care when competing priorities loom large?
Members learn from one another by:
- Discussing challenges and insights;
- sharing strategies for success;
- and gaining practical solutions from facilitators and colleagues.
This year, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all sessions will take place virtually, as we gather online to discuss topics that are timely for the current crisis.
Eligibility criteria: For directors of development working in a full-time paid position with 3-5 years of experience and fewer than five staff members in your development department.
Meeting schedule: Three Fridays in the spring and summer of 2020, in a virtual format:
• May 22: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• June 12: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• July 10: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
To apply for membership in the 2020 Breakfast Club, please use the following instructions:
- Fill out the application form to assess your fit with our membership criteria. Be sure to read the eligibility requirements listed above carefully before applying, as this group is specifically intended for nonprofit development directors of small shops to meet with their peers.
- Next, click the orange "Enroll" button on the righthand side of this GrantSpace page, in order to submit the $160 membership fee. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria and consequently are not accepted into the Breakfast Club, your fee will be refunded.
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 8th at 5pm. Applicants will be informed of membership decisions by May 15th.
If you have questions about the application process, please email Tracy Kaufman, Programs Manager, at email@example.com.
- Fundraising & development staff