calendar_today Tuesday, May 19, 2020
access_time 9:30 am - 11:30 am ET
This program has been postponed. If you have registered for this event, you will receive additional information via email from our training team.
For emerging nonprofit organizations, the question of fundraising is both a necessary and a daunting one. In this introductory workshop, participants will explore:
- definition of fundraising and dynamics of philanthropy;
- how to engage in effective fundraising; and
- ways to approach setting up a realistic fundraising plan.
Learn about diverse methods for fundraising and activities to get the resources your organization needs.
- Learn what makes fundraising different for a new versus long-established nonprofit
- Discover how to make a compelling case for support as a new organization
About The Nonprofit Formation Fundamentals Series:
New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, Candid, and Support Center are running our third Nonprofit Formation Fundamentals Series to help individuals gain a basic understanding and the skills needed to start a nonprofit organization. If you are thinking about starting a nonprofit, recently established a nonprofit, or are new to the sector and want to learn more, join us for this special FREE series. Participants are encouraged to attend all sessions to receive maximum benefit. Feel free to sign up for as many as you are able to attend:
- Tuesday, April 7: Part I: Legal Considerations Before Starting a Nonprofit
- Tuesday, April 21: Part II: Financial Management Basics for Newly Established Nonprofits
- Tuesday, May 5: Part III: Best Practices for Good Governance and Board Development
- Tuesday, May 19: Part IV: Fundraising Essentials for Newly Established Nonprofits
- Tuesday, June 2: Part V: Communications Planning and Marketing Basics for Newly Established Nonprofits
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Marketing, communications, external affairs
- Nonprofit startups
- Program directors and staff