calendar_today Tuesday, May 5, 2020
access_time 9:30 am - 11:30 am ET
This program has been postponed. If you have registered for this event, you will receive additional information via email from our training team.
What are the essential considerations when creating a board of directors as a new nonprofit organization? In this workshop, energetic Board Coach Michael Davidson will provide valuable insight into the dynamics of a founding board, assessing board members’ qualifications, and defining board responsibilities.
The session will also examine issues of legal compliance and good governance. Our expert attorneys will instruct participants on:
- implementing policies to meet local, state, and federal regulations, including the new federal tax bill;
- understanding board responsibilities and best practices; and
- staying on track with filing requirements.
- Learn what to look for in a board member, and how to recruit for a board
- Gain an understanding of the best practices in nonprofit governance
About The Nonprofit Formation Fundamentals Series:
New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, Candid, and Support Center are running our third Nonprofit Formation Fundamentals Series to help individuals gain a basic understanding and the skills needed to start a nonprofit organization. If you are thinking about starting a nonprofit, recently established a nonprofit, or are new to the sector and want to learn more, join us for this special FREE series. Participants are encouraged to attend all sessions to receive maximum benefit. Feel free to sign up for as many as you are able to attend:
- Tuesday, April 7: Part I: Legal Considerations Before Starting a Nonprofit
- Tuesday, April 21: Part II: Financial Management Basics for Newly Established Nonprofits
- Tuesday, May 5: Part III: Best Practices for Good Governance and Board Development
- Tuesday, May 19: Part IV: Fundraising Essentials for Newly Established Nonprofits
- Tuesday, June 2: Part V: Communications Planning and Marketing Basics for Newly Established Nonprofits
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Nonprofit startups