calendar_today Thursday, March 12, 2020
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
You work hard to tell the best story you can in a grant proposal. But do you know what you're saying to funders and other researchers with your 990? Don't sell yourself short! This course will tell you how to make your 990 a key marketing tool. We will review the 990 form, work on crafting a clear message using its structure, and learn about other tools grantmakers use to evaluate your organization.
If you can, bring your organization’s last 990 to the class and see how you might improve it!
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe the 990 form’s overarching function and its key parts
- Craft your organization’s story using the 990 structure
- Market your organization using the 990
- Analyze how your organization’s story is told through third party websites and services that grantmakers and donors use to evaluate your nonprofit
- All levels of experience
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Program directors and staff
Handouts summarizing key parts of the 990 form and course takeaways