calendar_today Thursday, March 14, 2019
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
As a nonprofit organization you need profits to cover the full cost of delivering on your missions. These profits ensure organizations can manage cash flow, navigate risks, adapt to change, and have adequate facilities. Yet, very real obstacles make this difficult to achieve – restrictive grants and contracts, competing needs, and funders and boards that don’t want to support “rich” organizations.
This online training will help nonprofit leaders make a compelling and convincing case for what your organization needs to achieve financial stability. It will outline the steps for quantifying what and how much capital you need, for articulating those needs to internal and external stakeholders with specific language and strategies for managing to surpluses. It will also provide practical ways to navigate common obstacles for managing to a surplus.
Can’t make the webinar? Register and we will send you the full recording so you can watch it on your own time!
Upon completion of this live online training, you should be able to:
- Articulate why nonprofits need profits
- Communicate your organization’s particular needs for surpluses internally and externally
- Explain the sector norms and dynamics that make surpluses challenging
- Identify specific strategies your organization can use to address challenges in managing to a surplus
A Special Welcome To:
- CEOs / Executive Directors
- Finance Officers
- Board Members
- Development Officers
- Strategy Officers
1.5 CFRE point(s)
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
- a copy of the webinar slide deck, and
- associated handout(s), if applicable