calendar_today Tuesday, June 26, 2018
access_time 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET
Come to our 3rd Annual Summer Social! Meet funders and fellow fundraisers, learn about new approaches in nonprofit management, and network with experts across the nonprofit spectrum!
- 12:00pm: Welcome – Teleange’ Thomas, Director, Foundation Center Midwest
- 12:10: New Discoveries in Grassroots Funding. Learn about community grantmaking, best practices, and innovative approaches to funding for grassroots nonprofits.
- Keynote: Tom O’Brien – Program Director, Neighborhood Connections
- Panel Discussion: Judy Wright – Ohio Transformation Fund; Indigo Bishop – ioby; Robbin Hudson – United Black Fund; Tom O'Brien
- 1:10: Mini Workshops: New Discoveries in Data
- Donor-Advised Funds – Judy Salm, Director of Operations, Grants Plus
- Tips & Tricks to Using the NEW FDO – Foundation Center Staff
- NEOCANDO - April Urban, Research Associate, Case Western Reserve University
- 2:10: Speed Group Networking Sessions: New Discoveries in Fundraising and Nonprofit Management
- Steve Day, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP
- Samantha Sopko, Grants Professionals Association/ Breakthrough Schools
- Beth Darmstadter, Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Cleveland/MetroHealth
- Staci Lowell, Giving Insight, LLC
- 3:10: Mix & Mingle
- Learn new research, fundraising, and management techniques.
- Exchange business cards, have some food, and relax!
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers
- Individual grantseekers
- Marketing, communications, external affairs
- Nonprofit startups
- Program directors and staff