calendar_today Tuesday, June 26, 2018
access_time 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm ETThis location will be closed to the public as of November 1, 2019. For in-person help, visit our FIN locations.
Come to our 3rd Annual Summer Social! Meet funders and fellow fundraisers, learn about new approaches in nonprofit management, and network with experts across the nonprofit spectrum!
- 12:00pm: Welcome – Teleange’ Thomas, Director, Foundation Center Midwest
- 12:10: New Discoveries in Grassroots Funding. Learn about community grantmaking, best practices, and innovative approaches to funding for grassroots nonprofits.
- Keynote: Tom O’Brien – Program Director, Neighborhood Connections
- Panel Discussion: Judy Wright – Ohio Transformation Fund; Indigo Bishop – ioby; Robbin Hudson – United Black Fund; Tom O'Brien
- 1:10: Mini Workshops: New Discoveries in Data
- Donor-Advised Funds – Judy Salm, Director of Operations, Grants Plus
- Tips & Tricks to Using the NEW FDO – Foundation Center Staff
- NEOCANDO - April Urban, Research Associate, Case Western Reserve University
- 2:10: Speed Group Networking Sessions: New Discoveries in Fundraising and Nonprofit Management
- Steve Day, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP
- Samantha Sopko, Grants Professionals Association/ Breakthrough Schools
- Beth Darmstadter, Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Cleveland/MetroHealth
- Staci Lowell, Giving Insight, LLC
- 3:10: Mix & Mingle
- Learn new research, fundraising, and management techniques.
- Exchange business cards, have some food, and relax!
- All levels of experience
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Grant writers
- Individual grantseekers
- Marketing, communications, external affairs
- Nonprofit startups
- Program directors and staff