calendar_today Tuesday, June 26, 2018
access_time 9:00 am - 10:30 am ET
Joe Biden once said, “Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what you value.”
Whether you enjoy the budget process and numbers or you do not, your budget planning is an annual exercise that requires you to look at your vision and strategy from a more specific lens of finance. What if our event sponsorships are low next year? What if our grant from the state is eliminated because of the new Governor? If the President eliminates our funding, how much time do we have to find new resources? Maybe we should look to start an endowment?
Your budget is a guide and should align to your strategic plan goals and your operational plan for the next year. It is a guide because in the fund development arena, you cannot always control some external forces, but how that impacts your expenses is something you can control.
So how do I build a budget that works for my organization?
- Attendees should leave with clear tips in improving their organizational budgets.
- Attendees will be able to evaluate their organization's budgeting process
- Board members
- CEOs, executive directors, upper management
- Fundraising & development staff
- Program directors and staff