State agencies

  • Office of Tax and Revenue


    Exempt and nonprofit organizations must establish their District tax-exempt status by filing with the Office of Tax and Revenue.

  • Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

    Register and License a Non-Profit Organization

    Nonprofit corporations in DC are formed by filing articles of incorporation with the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs and must obtain a Charitable Solicitation License.

  • Harbor Compliance

    Washington D.C. Fundraising Registration

    Information on DC charitable solicitation fundraising registration.

Does your organization provide services for new or startup nonprofit organizations?

Contact us to be considered for inclusion in this listing. Please note that listings are limited to nonprofit organizations, government agencies, or organizations that provide substantial resources free of charge.

Contact us