We're scaling up, not scaling back! We're so excited to be fully moved into our new space in Atlanta. This summer, our programs shifted out of direct library services and into the community. We're still providing the same great trainings you know and love, but now they're happening in a community near you. Check out how we're leaning into training programs and our network of partners to serve you better:
- Proposal Writing Boot Camp: We are already hosting trainings in our new space at CARE with our summer Proposal Writing Boot Camp. We had such a great time working with all the participants and can’t wait for the fall Proposal Writing Boot Camp! If you are interested in taking your grant writing to the next level, this three-day project-based immersion course can get you there!
- Training Works: A Day of Capacity Building: This fall, we’ll will celebrate 25 years in Atlanta with a day-long capacity building training. Training Works: A Day of Capacity Building will be on September 20. We designed this event from participant feedback in order to connect social sector professionals with the knowledge they need most. The event will include social sector capacity-building training, nonprofit impact workshops, and funder networking activities.
- Interested in teaching a workshop at Training Works? We’re seeking workshop proposals from all seasoned and creative trainers/speakers with relevant topics to today’s social sector in the South. We encourage all current Candid workshop facilitators and partners to submit a proposal. Session content should fall under one of the following topics: fundraising, leadership/management, or organizational sustainability.
- Nonprofit Start-Up and Operations Series: Creating a nonprofit organization is a major endeavor. This new series walks you through the key components and leads you towards your next steps. Whether you're thinking about starting a nonprofit, have recently started one, or are new to the sector and want to learn more, let us help you navigate the process to becoming a successful nonprofit organization. This series will help participants solidify a legal nonprofit organization, assist with identifying a target demographic, draft a concise mission and vision, and create a strategy for board development and fundraising.
- Community Pop Up Hours: We are coming to a community near you! Our staff will be spending time at our Funding Information Network (FIN) partner sites around Metro Atlanta each month. This is a great opportunity for you to hear about upcoming trainings, see a demonstration of Foundation Directory Online (FDO), the most comprehensive prospect research tool with over 140,000+ grantmaker profiles, and learn more about grantspace.org. Our next pop-up will be at the Lawrenceville Library. Register online to let us know you are coming!
About the Author(s)
Subscribe to our blog
When we publish a new blog post, you’ll get notified by email.