Viet “Vee” VoPham
Candid Learning Blog Editor/Marketing Specialist
What kind of content do you accept?
The Candid Learning blog “highlights the knowledge you need to be a better grantseeker.” Being a better grantseeker also means being a better, stronger nonprofit. So, we welcome any content that is useful for building better, stronger nonprofits, with preference given to practical advice that readers can use immediately.
- Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet.
- No minimum length, but we recommend about 500 words for decent depth and detail.
- Write in a voice/tone that’s less formal, more approachable.
- Accompanying image is optional (we’ll include one if you don’t). If you wish to provide an image to go with your blog post, it should be attributed (provide image source URL), at least 200×200 pixels, JPG or PNG format.
Common sense guidelines
- Use short paragraphs, subheadings, and/or bullet lists to break up your article.
- Check your spelling and grammar.
- Attribute any quoted/paraphrased info with links to the sources.
Author bio guidelines
- Recommended length is 50-75 words.
- You can include 1-2 links in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post.
- Include a clear, closeup headshot of yourself, at least 100×100 pixels, JPG or PNG format.
- Email your blog post to firstname.lastname@example.org with “guest post for Candid Learning blog” in the Subject line. Please include the post in the body of the email itself, as an editable Google Doc link, or as a .doc attachment.
- It may take up to two weeks before we respond to you. Even if we choose not to publish your blog post, you will get a response, explaining the reason.
- If we publish your blog post, Candid has full rights to the content, including but not limited to edit, mix, duplicate, use, or re-use it in whole or in part as it so chooses.
Questions? Ask us.