Viet “Vee” VoPham
Candid Learning Blog Editor/Digital Outreach Manager
What kind of content do you accept?
The Candid Learning blog “highlights the knowledge you need to be a better grantseeker.” Being a better grantseeker also means being a better, stronger nonprofit. So, we welcome any content that is useful for building better, stronger nonprofits, with preference given to practical advice that readers can use immediately. Visit our topics page to get a better sense of the different types of topics your blog post could focus on.
- Your post should be original and must have never been published before on the Internet. If you want an already published article to be republished to our blog, you’ll need to email us with a link to the original post and provide us with confirmation that the original author(s) of the blog post has signed off on their post being reposted to our site. Please note that we do not repost every article that is submitted to us.
- There is no minimum length, but we recommend about 500-1,000 words for decent depth and detail.
- Write in a friendly, conversational voice/tone that’s less formal and more approachable.
- Accompanying image is optional (we’ll include one if you don’t). If you wish to provide an image to go with your blog post, it should be attributed (provide image source URL), at least 200×200 pixels, JPG or PNG format. If you submit a stock photo, please ensure it’s royalty-free and able to be shared and modified for marketing/commercial purposes.
Common sense guidelines
- Use short paragraphs, subheadings, and/or bullet lists to break up your article.
- Check your spelling and grammar.
- Attribute any quoted/paraphrased info with links to the sources.
Author bio guidelines
- Recommended length is 50-75 words.
- You can include 2-3 links in the author bio.
- Include a clear, closeup headshot of yourself, at least 100×100 pixels, JPG or PNG format.
- Include a preferred professional title to be displayed with your name i.e., “Ashley Smith, Programs Manager, Candid”. If you don’t want to include a title, let us know, and only your name will appear in the blog post and in your author profile.
- Email your blog post to [email protected] with “guest post for Candid Learning blog” in the subject line. Please send us the blog post as an editable Google Doc link. If you’re unable to share a Google Doc link, you can send us a .doc attachment, but do know that we may need to reformat it as a Google Doc file for easier back-and-forth editing. You can also email us with blog post ideas/potential titles if you want to be certain the topic you want to write on is suitable for our blog and is relevant and timely enough for publication.
- It may take up to two weeks before we respond to you. Even if we choose not to publish your blog post, you will get a response, explaining the reason.
- If we publish your blog post, Candid has full rights to the content, including but not limited to edit, mix, duplicate, use, or re-use it in whole or in part as it so chooses.
Questions? Ask us.